Rogue Ales, Newport, Oregon
- 7%ABV, 30IBU's
- Whispy islands of head, cloudy, the colour of dusty wild roses on the side of a dirt road on the way to a pig farm way back in the sticks.
- When you stick your nose in the glass you get a strong sweet smoke aroma. When enjoyed from a distance it really smells of maple syrup and bacon.
I had an Albino Rhino Wheat Ale a few weeks ago at Earl’s on Macleod Trail South – and it was wonderful!
Last night, they’d run out of it, so I tried the Pale Ale – not so happy with it, but was able to finish off the pint.
Today, I looked for more info as I don’t have a logo or a photo to add to my beer database – and stumbled across this report – several on the web about the same date – and figured I had to share…
SEXIEST BEER LABELS - another neat blog on AleHeads.
BEER 101 - a good introduction to beer, blogged on AleHeads.
I won’t claim to be a great writer – especially after a pint or two.
So I start this blog with the best of intentions of doing two things:
- #1 – keeping my adoring public (OK, my coupla beer-loving friends) updated as to what my latest discovery might be, and
- #2 – recording said discovery – a lá photographic record.
In order to put content in your face, though – I’ll pull from some of the best blogs & sites I can find.
I won’t claim to be original, or a beer expert – I’m not – but I LIKE BEER, and who can blame me for trying to share this passion with the world?
I promise two things:
- #1 – I will never post when I’m too drunk to know better
- #2 – I will probably renege on #1 when I get too drunk to know better
As I have too many interests to concentrate on any one thing, however, ORIGINAL content on this blog is likely to be limited.
So – I will be re-blogging (or at least, pointing to!) others’ beer blogs & sites, as much as I write my own stuff.
Submissions/Suggestions are welcome!